Tiger Beer Package Refresh
During this project, I was tasked with creating a brand refresh for a package design based on a product of my choice that would replace the existing package design on the market right now. I selected Tiger Asian Lager due to the visual possibilities that a brand mascot like 'Tiger' holds, along with apparent areas of improvement found on the current package design. Retaining the legacy and image of the brand was very important for this project. After re-designing the principle product offering, I was also tasked with re-designing the look of two additional line-extension products for Tiger, and creating an all-panel layout.
This is the brand and package design refresh for Tiger's main offering, known as Tiger Original. The design of the can uses the brand's main colours: orange, blue, and grey. I wanted to retain brand legacies such as the iconic tiger symbol, the use of ornamental design showcasing awards, and the colours of the brand. When creating my re-design, I focused on simplifying, modernizing, and refreshing the brand's logo. I used an all-caps format instead of the original type, reduced the tiger to an illustrative outline using positive and negative space to my advantage. Another recognizable feature of the brand, is the use of a blue banner to contain the principle information. In my design, I used the blue banner as a colour block that contrasts with a grey and white tiger stripe pattern that each cover about half of the can. This refresh was used as a guide for the line-extensions as well.
Tabraille - Design Thesis
This motion graphic showcases a wide range of deliverables completed for the Tabraille project. The goal of this product design was to provide a solution to the problem of inaccessibility in musical education for those who are blind. With a background in guitar, I decided to focus the product on making guitar tabs adaptable to Braille. This video walks the viewer through all of the features the product has to offer, demonstrating how a user can convert any guitar tab to Braille to teach someone who is blind! It shows deliverables such as the brand identity, the 3D model, and the mobile application, among others, in a way that favours the understanding of the product's usability.
This deliverable completed for the Tabraille project was extremely important to the development process as this was my chance to bring my visualization of the product to life. From my design, I wanted the product to use a long board with six holes as the base for numbered/Braille tiles to fit in and read as a guitar tab. The tiles would feature a large textured surface in the shape of a number–this texture represents the string name, (for the student that is blind) and the number represents the fret. (for the sighted teacher) The tile also has braille in the bottom corner indicating the fret number to the student that is blind, and also has the string letter (E,A,D,G,B,e) in the other corner for the teacher to read. The product was developed to be useful to both the teacher and the student at the same time. A total of 138 individual tiles were created, as there are 23 fret multiplied by 6 string combinations. This model was widely used throughout the other deliverables as supportive imagery.